It’s important we are all aware of the increased capacity that has just been announced by the UK Government to test for COVID-19. Thousands of our users, potentially you, can now get tested for free for COVID-19 if you are in any of the following categories:
- All those working on the frontline in health and social care (with or without symptoms)
- Patients in the NHS and residents in care homes (with or without symptoms)
- All other essential workers with symptoms
- Anyone over 65 with symptoms
- Anyone who goes into work because they cannot work from home (for example, construction workers) and has symptoms
- Anyone who has symptoms and lives with someone who meets any of the above criteria
You can either arrange a test yourself, a drive-through one, a home one, or arrange one through your employer. Testing is a critical part of our nation’s response to COVID-19 and you should make yourself and your loved ones aware of these opportunities to get tested.
We should warn you that the test spaces are filling up very quickly and as it stands right now, there are none available here. We would encourage you however, if you meet the criteria, to get on the system regularly to book yourself a place.
More information including how to book tests can be found here. TESTING