Becoming a parent can be an overwhelming and confusing time for most people, those of us who have been there can appreciate that completely. The Cardiff Birth and Baby Collective are a group of pre and post natal professionals who feel really passionate about supporting parents on their journey from conception through to parenthood and everything in between.
The Cardiff Birth and Baby Collective will be joining the Nursery Team at John Lewis in Cardiff for a morning of information and demonstrations all about your pregnancy, your new baby and taking care of you and your family postnatally.
They are a group of 12 pre and post-natal specialists, all experts in their field, dedicated to ensuring that you are well supported during your pregnancy, birth and your baby’s first years. All events are free and give you the opportunity to meet the team of experts, ask questions and get prepared for birth and baby.
Take a look at the monthly schedule of topics to plan your parenting prep throughout the year! They will cover everything from hypnobirthing to post-natal fitness, aromatherapy to baby massage, nutrition to baby-wearing, birth photography to pre and post-natal beauty and wellness.
They held a launch event in December which was a Meet The Team event attended by all 12 members of Cardiff Birth and Baby Collective. If you weren’t at that, you can still take part in this year’s events.
Topics for the rest of the monthly events are as follows. Choose the date you want to attend or book for them all!
Saturday 7th March 2020
- Emotional First Aid for Expectant Mums with Lucy Theo of Mind and Baby
- How to prevent core instability (SPD, Incontinence, and Diastasis) in pregnancy with Samala Bygraves of Samala: Women’s Health and Fitness
Tickets here. MARCH
Saturday 4th April 2020
- What is Hypnobirthing and How Can it Help Me? with Jenny Hassett of You Me And Baby
- What Does Birth Really Look Like? with Jo Robertson of Lillian Craze Birth Photography
Tickets here. APRIL
Saturday 2nd May 2020
- Why a Baby Carrier Could Be The Most Useful Thing You Buy For Your Baby with Julia Constantinou of Carry Me Close
- The Golden Hour – benefits beyond breastfeeding with Lisa Thompson of Women Are Amazing
Tickets here. MAY
Saturday 6th June 2020
- Pilates for pregnancy with Jo Perkins of MummaPhysio
- What is Safe To Use on My Skin in Pregnancy and After? with Amy Morgan of Health and Beauty with Amy Morgan
Tickets here. JUNE
Saturday 4th July 2020
- Using Aromatherapy essential oils safely in pregnancy, birth and around your newborn with Hinda Mirreh of HM Therapies
- What Do I do if I find it hard to recover from my birth experience? with Jenny Hassett of You Me and Baby
Tickets here. JULY
Saturday 1st August 2020
- Is it safe to exercise in pregnancy? with Betsan De Renesse of The Glow Method
- Help! I’m Pregnant and I don’t know what I should be eating! with Catherine Richards of Zest Natural Health
Tickets here. AUGUST
Saturday 5th September 2020
- Post-natal pilates Jo Perkins of MummaPhysio
- I’ve Had a Baby, But What About Me? Self-care for new mums with Amy Morgan of Health and Beauty with Amy Morgan
Tickets here. SEPTEMBER
Saturday 3rd October 2020
- 15 Questions to Ask Your Birth Photographer with Jo Robertson of Lillian Craze Birth Photography
- How to wear and use a baby carrier safely with Julia Constantinou of Carry Me Close
Tickets here. OCTOBER
Saturday 7th November 2020
- The Benefits of Aromatherapy Massage in Labour and the Fourth Trimester with Hinda Mirreh of HM Therapies
- How to recover from instrumental birth with Samala Bygraves of Samala: Women’s Health and Fitness
Tickets here. NOVEMBER
Saturday 5th December 2020
- Oxygen, Oxytocin and Endorphins – Your Tools for Birth with Laura Livingstone of The Nest Birth and Baby Studio
- Reflexology for pregnancy and labour with Catherine Richards of Zest Natural Health
Tickets here. DECEMBER
All event will be held in John Lewis at The Hayes in Cardiff. In the meantime, if you’d like to learn more about the collective and what they do, just go here. BABY and you can check out the FACEBOOK here.