What’s not to love about Strictly with all its drama, costumes and fab-u-lous dancing. Obviously it would be great to be able to dance like the professionals but how about going one better and actually dance with them?
Now you can as the stars of BBC Strictly Come Dancing at the stunning 5 Star Celtic Manor Resort Hotel where they’ll be for a whole weekend.
Join Anton Du Beke & Erin Boag, Katya Jones & Neil Jones, Giovanni Pernice, Amy Dowden & Ben Jones, British National & World Ballroom Champions Warren& Kristi Boyce, plus Argentine Tango stars Leandro Palou & Maria Tsiatsiani. Of course, you get to enjoy all this in the fabulous Celtic Manor Resort.
This world-class destination features the award-winning Forum Spa, as well as 6 restaurants and 3 championship golf courses – you’re sure to enjoy the 5* luxury and seamless service at the Celtic Manor Resort hotel.Enjoy 3 days of spectacular dance showcases as the ‘Strictly Stars’ perform up close & personal for a truly intimate experience unlike any other – learn to dance with them, plus hear all about their Strictly journeys.
What is so nice about this event is that the guests have such an amazing time, but the dancers also really look forward to this one, it’s a real highlight in their pack schedule…..
- ‘Such a fabulous event’ Anton Du Beke
- ‘What an amazing weekend! Thank you so much for inviting us, we are so happyto be part of your beautiful event. A clear 10 from me!’ Aljaz Skorjanec
- ‘What a FAB-U-LOUS event to attend. A real feel good weekend, cannot wait to be back’ Janette Manrara
- ‘I know we say this every year, but this really is the best dance weekend in the UK. So well organised and so much dancing. We love working with Donahey’s, you always know you’ll get such a professionally run event. Thank you to Donahey’s for organising such wonderful events’ Ian Waite
- ‘Our 3rd year at a Donahey’s dance weekend. Thank you for letting Kevin and I be part of this fabulous event. Lots of love x’ Karen Hauer
- ‘Brilliant!!! Always looking forward to coming to Donaheys!’ Katya Jones.
You can also enjoy dance lessons with the stars. Anton and Erin will be there taking you through your paces at a special masterclass.
Anton Du Beke and Erin Boag really are the golden couple of Strictly Come Dancing. Anton is the longest serving Professional Dancer on Strictly. Having danced together professionally for over 20 years, Anton and Erin have become Britain’s most recognised and well regarded ballroom couple, bringing glitz, glamour and elegance to every performance.
Always a firm favourite on Strictly Come Dancing, now you can meet Anton and Erin in the flesh with an amazing opportunity to learn to dance with these amazing dancers, learn their techniques and so much more.
Anton discovered his love of dance at the age of 14 and after leaving school at 16, began his amateur dance career, specialising in ballroom. After Anton partnered with Erin in 1997, they quickly went on to win the New Zealand Championships two years running, as well as the prestigious International Dance Championships at The Royal Albert Hall, London.
Erin and Anton turned professional in 2002 and a huge amount of wins and accolades followed, including coming to the attention of the BBC in 2004, and the rest is ballroom history.
Erin originally made her name in the highly competitive world of international dance, competing and winning with her partner Anton du Beke, at the New Zealand Championships. Erin has enjoyed a highly successful career both on and off screen.
Erin is the only female dancer to compete in 10 series of Strictly Come Dancing. Erin came closest to becoming a Mirror Ball Champion with athlete Colin Jackson in 2005, where they were pipped to the post in a sizzling Grand Final with Darren Gough & Lilia Kopylova.
Erin has made her mark as one of the most highly respected female ballroom dancers since Ginger Rogers. Sadly, following 10 successful years on SCD, in 2013 Erin announced she would be stepping down from her time on Strictly.
You can learn to dance with Anton & Erin on Sunday 25th July and it promises to be a fantastic day.
- Anton Du Beke & Erin Boag performing their Breathtaking Ballroom showcase – up close & personal.
- Exclusive ‘Red Carpet Strictly Photo Call’ to grab those all-important souvenir photographs of the Strictly Celebrities.
- A 50-minute Ballroom Dancing lesson with the stars of Strictly Come Dancing. Learn to dance with Anton & Erin, just choose a lesson from; Absolute Beginners, Improvers or Experienced – whichever suits you?
If you’d like more details and to book a place, go here. Anton & Erin
Donahey’s Dance School, who put together these weekends, have been teaching people to dance for over 50 years . They offer Ballroom dance lessons for Beginners & Improvers. They say in no time at all they’ll have you dancing the Waltz, Foxtrot, Cha Cha, Jive, Argentine Tango & many more – all within a nice relaxed atmosphere.
Dancing is also one of the most beneficial exercises you can take part in, helping keep you fit & healthy. Whilst you’re moving to the music, you’re getting all the health benefits of a fabulous workout!
So what do you get for your four weekend with the Strictly stars?
- Floor-side reserved table to enjoy three days of Breathtaking Dance Showcases from the stars of BBC Strictly Come Dancing & Champions of the Dancing World – all up close & personal.
- 5 hours of Ballroom & Latin Dance classes with the stars of BBC Strictly Come Dancing & Champions of the Dancing World – guaranteed for everyone and tailored specifically to your dancing ability.
- Fun Q&A sessions with the stars for everyone – find out the all the juicy Strictly gossip first hand from the stars, and maybe ask your burning questions.
- An additional 2 hours of dance classes with Donahey’s highly experienced dance teachers in our second ballroom – tailored specifically to your dancing ability.
- Two nights of dancing in the stunning, air-conditioned, Caernarfon Suite Ballroom – featuring a fabulous selection of music to enjoy and dance the night away.
- Amazing 5,000sq ft pro championship sprung wooden dance floor – one of the largest dance floors in the UK.
- Saturday night Black Tie Ball starring a fabulous 15-piece Ballroom & Latin Big Band – you really can’t beat dancing to the sounds of live music.
- Exclusive ‘Red Carpet Strictly Photo Calls’ to grab those all-important souvenir photographs of the Strictly Celebrities.
- Spectacular Sunday afternoon Grand-Finale dance showcase.
So if dancing is your thing and you’d like to watch and learn from the best there is, keep the weekend of Friday 23rd to Sunday 25th July free. We’ve just checked and places are starting to fill. For more information and to book your place, go here. DANCING
You can even get in nice and early on the 2022 dates which are the 22nd to 24th April, all the details are HERE
Finally, to take a look at the 2021 brochure, just click HERE and it’ll be all yours.