This Autumn Black RAT Productions and Blackwood Miners’ Institute present a brand-new comedy based on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s most celebrated sleuth in THE ADVENTURES OF SHERLOCK HOLMES. The show has been created especially for Welsh venues and is supported by Arts Council of Wales. Produced by The Invisible Man team that toured to huge acclaim last autumn, The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes is an original comedy written and directed by Richard Tunley with music and songs by Kieran Bailey. Design is by George Alex Hainsworth, lighting by Robin Bainbridge, costume design by Abigail Gould and sound design by Stephen Bradley.
This Sherlock mystery with a difference will tour Wales from 3rd October through to 11th November visiting 16 venues across the country.
The energetic and multi- talented cast of four: Daniel Llewelyn–Williams, Owen Pugh, Zoe Davies and Pedro Lloyd Gardiner will bring all the familiar characters from the classic Sherlock stories to life in Black RAT style combining theatrical drama and physical comedy.
There will also be BSL interpreted performances by Tony Evans and audio description by Alastair Sill at some of the dates on the tour, following the action and mayhem as it unfolds.
Black RAT Productions is well known forcreating and touring dynamic and entertaining theatre across Wales. As well as The Invisible Man last autumn, other past successful productions by Richard Tunley and Black RAT team have included: Bouncers, Up ’n’ Under, Neville’s Island, Boeing Boeing, Bedroom Farce, Loot, One Man Two Guvnors and The 39 Steps.
Director Richard Tunley is delighted to take Black RAT back on the road again to entertain the people of Wales. Richard said
“What a joy it has been to create a new adventure for the greatest detective of all time and his trusty side kick. It has been great fun to write and I can’t wait to get into the rehearsal room.
I know this talented cast will bring this new mystery adventure to life along with Keiron Bailey’s amazing songs, all designed to have us all laughing out loud. I am sure audiences across Wales will love this piece as much as they have enjoyed our previous productions. We can’t wait to go on tour and share this with them! ”
The production has an age suitability of 11+
You can find out more about Black Rat HERE their site is going through a bit of development at the moment. You can find the to the venues Box Office’s to book tickets, although to save time we’ve added them below.
Autumn Tour Dates
- 3rd – 5th October 7.30pm – Blackwood Miners’ Institute (TICKETS HERE) (BSL and Audio Described performance on 5 October )
- 9th October 7.30pm – Memo Arts Centre, Barry (TICKETS HERE)
- 11th October 7.30pm – The Met Abertillery (TICKETS HERE)
- 12th October 7.30pm – The Coliseum, Aberdare (TICKETS HERE)
- 13th October 7.30pm – Theatr Brycheiniog, Brecon (TICKETS HERE)
- 14th October 7.30pm – The Park & Dare Treorchy (TICKETS HERE) (BSL and Audio Described performance)
- 18th October 7.30pm – The Grand Pavilion, Porthcawl (TICKETS HERE) (BSL and Audio Described performance)
- 19th October 7.30pm – The Lyric, Carmarthen (TICKETS HERE)
- 20th October 7.30pm – Mwldan, Cardigan (TICKETS HERE)
- 21st October 7.30pm – Pontardawe Arts Centre (TICKETS HERE)
- 24th October 7.30pm – Stiwt Theatre, Wrexham (TICKETS HERE)
- 1st November 7.30pm – The Ffwrnes, Llanelli (TICKETS HERE)
- 3rd November 7.30p.m – Aberystwyth Arts Centre (TICKETS HERE)
- 4th November 7.45pm – The Hafren, Newtown (TICKETS HERE)
- 6th November 7.30p.m – Borough Theatre Abergavenny (01873 850805)
- 9th – 11th November 7.45pm – Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama, Cardiff (TICKETS HERE) (BSL and Audio Described performance on 11th November )